Friday, January 30, 2009

Spherification Attempt #4 (01/19/09) - Success!!!

This will be a short post. We've been over this before. Spheres. Chemicals. No reason for it, but it's fun. And, as you know, I've been messing around with this for a few months. Each time, a fatal mistake has killed my attempts - whether a bad taste, bad texture or just plain bad. Well, no mas. I should have stuck with Adria's recipes to begin with because he is the man.


So I decided to do mango caviar - basically just really small spheres the size of beluga caviar. I followed the directions from the texturas website to a "t," and it worked out just fine. The texture was right, the taste was nice and they looked really cool. I didn't really use them for anything but experimentation, but I can imagine that they would be really cool in a cocktail, on ice cream or even in a salad.

Either way, I feel good about it. Finally.

A Note: I apologize for the long break in between posts. That's, unfortunately, going to happen given the swells in my work schedule. Hopefully I'll keep you guy interested enough to check back periodically!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home